London is an amazing cultural pot of a city where anyone can have a great time. Yes, it is pretty expensive if you are planning to stay in one of the best luxury hotels or eating at the best fine dining restaurants, but if you are happy to pick a cheap London accommodation and do not mind exploring the city via the underground, you too can have a superb time in this iconic city. Here are a few things you can do in London for absolutely nothing –
• Piccadilly Circus – This traffic junction is the main road junction of London, located in its very heart. What’s great about it? Well, everything! The place is full of glowing neon signs and there are a number of historical architectures and structures in its vicinity. Visit Piccadilly Circus and understand why London is called a fast paced city.
• Natural History Museum – One of the best museums in the world, Natural History Museum London houses more than 80 million items including rare dinosaur fossils, preserved specimens collected by Charles Darwin and a life-size model of a blue whale.
• Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park – The best thing about London is its parks. There are so many of them and all of them are free! These two in particular are definitely worth exploring.
• Changing of the Guards Ceremony – Irrespective of the fact that whether you are a budget traveler or not, you have got to see this iconic royal tradition. Reach the Buckingham Palace sharp 11:30 in the morning and witness this fabulous tradition along with other spectators.
• Street Performers of London – If you can’t afford to enjoy those classy theatrical plays or dance performances inside the royal theatres of London, enjoy the talent our street performers are displaying in the streets. You’ll find them around the Covent Garden Market or along the South Bank.
• Westminster Abbey – If you are staying in a cheap London accommodation near the Parliament Square, you are at a walking distance from this historical attraction. The abbey serves as the Coronation Church of the country and it is also the burial site for many historical figures.