Travelling Europe is every traveller’s top most priority. But very few of us actually plan to visit the exotic destinations of Europe, since most of the places which are worth exploring there are among the most expensive destinations we have on this planet. So what can be done? Are there any secret tips or tactics that we can employ in order to save money while travelling Europe? Yes, there are, read on –
• Avoid Travelling During Summers – Prices are at their peak during the summers, plus you’ll not find a moment of peace since all the places become overtly crowded. Also, getting a good hotel deal is really difficult during this season. Travel off-season and you might be able to grab discounts of up to 40 percent on your accommodations.
• Pay Visits to Tourist Information Points – Every city has a tourist information centre where you can get all the information regarding cheap hotel accommodations, best restaurants and cafes of the area and information about the local attractions and events which are worth exploring.
• Use Public Transportation – Some cities like London and Paris can be best explored on foot and when you get tired, take a public transportation instead of a cab (which are really expensive, by the way). Travelling in a bus can be really fun when you are in London or in Paris, but the most preferred medium of transportation is the underground tube system.
• Apply for Travel Passes and Tourist Cards – You can save a lot of money by using a particular city’s exclusive tourist cards such as Berlin’s Berlin Welcome Card, London’s London Pass and Oslo’s Oslo Welcome Card. You get amazing discounts when you visit the local attractions of these places, plus you can use these passes while travelling in order to get additional discounts.
• Follow What Locals Say – Be friendly with the locals while being in Europe and they’ll tell you the best places you can visit in order to enjoy great meals at discounted prices. European cities host a large number of local festivals and fairs which you can enjoy for free.